- Category: Truth to Say to 13 False Religions Truth to Say to 13 False Religions
- Published on Sunday, 31 March 2013 12:47 31 March 2013
- Written by Susan Mulford Susan Mulford
- Hits: 19426 19426
Do you want Terrorism to stop? Then do your best to witness to Muslims and pray for them to be saved.
When Muslims receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, then the Prince of Peace will rule and reign in their hearts and terrorism will end. It is difficult to win a Muslim to Christ because if they convert to Christianity, then usually their whole family will disown them and consider them ”dead.” They could even be killed for their faith in Christ. They have to surrender ALL and make the decision "to fear God" ( having a close personal relationship with God through receiving Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior) and to value that divine relationship more than their relationships with their family. And yet, even with all of this, many Muslims are being saved!! Nothing is impossible with God. In fact, Jesus Christ has been appearing to them in their dreams! Revival is happening in the Middle East. There is much to celebrate!
Through witnessing to him/her, if you do win a Muslim to Christ, make sure that you and other Christians become his/her “new family.” (Matt. 12:50). They need to be properly discipled and have a network of friends and spiritual family support. They may even need a place to stay, so be aware of that.
First: BREAK THE STRONGHOLDS and PRAY: Before you try to witness to a Muslim, pray and bind the spirit of Islam, the anti-Christ spirit; the lies of the enemy and the “God of this world that is blinding their eyes to salvation.” And pray for the eyes of their heart to be enlightened. Loose the love, the truth and the power of God upon them. Only God can change someone’s heart. Pray for the Holy Spirit to touch their heart as only He can do. Telling them your testimony of how you came to know Jesus as your Savior can be effective. If you have a heart to pray for Muslims to be saved and you pray in tongues and consider yourself to be an intercessor, then go to: Prayer Evangelism for Muslims to be Saved
3 Questions Muslims Ask & the Truth to Say:
1. Has the Bible Been Changed?
Truth to Say: No, the Bible has not been changed. The reason why Muslims believe that the Bible was changed by Christians and Jews is because the Koran does not say what the Bible says and so one of them has to be wrong. Allah claims to have written both the Bible and the Koran and says, “He is the guardian of His own word including the Torah and the Gospel.” Allah and his Koran are not very good guardians if the Bible has been changed.
The Koran was supposed to be a confirmation of the Bible. So, how can the Koran confirm a book that has been changed? The Koran says in Sura 6:115: “Perfected are the Words of your Lord in truth and justice and none can change his Words.” The Koran states that the Bible is God’s Word. The Torah, the Gospels, the Psalms and the writings of the Prophets are recognized as Scripture. Sura 2:91 says: “It (the Koran) is the truth corroborating their (the Christians and Jews) own Scripture.” Sura 3:2-3 says: “He has revealed to you the Book (Koran) with the truth confirming the Scriptures that have come before it, for He (Allah) has already revealed the Torah and the Gospel for the guidance of men and the distinction between right and wrong.” Sura 21:105 says, “We wrote in the Psalms after the Torah was revealed.” The Koran commands Muslims, Christians and Jews to read and obey the Bible, so remember: Sura 5:58 “people of the Book, you will attain nothing until you observe the Torah and the Gospel and that which is revealed to you by your Lord.”
2. Why Does the Bible Say that Jesus Was Crucified?
The Koran denies that He was crucified. Sura 4:157 “The Jews have said, “verily we have slain Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, the Apostle of Allah; yet they slew him not, neither did they crucify him, but he was represented by one in his likeness…They did not really kill him; but Allah took him up to himself.”
Truth to Say - Answer: First of all, no one took the life of Jesus. He gave His life willingly to save man from sin. John 10:18 “No one takes it (my life) from Me, but I lay it down on my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.” The crucifixion did not just happen. It was prophesied for thousands of years. For e.g.: Isaiah 53: 3-7 and 1 Peter 1:10-11: Concerning this salvation, the prophets…predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. Jesus knew that He would die for the sins of the world. Matthew 16:21 “…Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem an suffer many things at the hands of elders, chief priests and teachers of the Law and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.” The sacrifice of blood is God’s way of paying for sin. Hebrews 9:22 “In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.” God is the only one “good” enough to pay for men’s sins. Matthew 1:22-23 “All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Emmanuel, which means, “God with us.” No good work will bring you into a right relationship with God. Only through receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior will you be saved from eternal damnation.
3. Why Does the Bible Say Jesus is the Son of God?
Answer: God has no son in the sense of God having sex with Mary. It’s not what you think in that way. Why? Because God is a Spirit. Matt 1:18 says, “Mary was found to be pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. She was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit”. When Jesus left heaven and humbled Himself to come to earth to be born and live as a human, He came to show us the Father and to shed His blood and die on the cross for our sins so that we could be reconciled to God. On earth, Jesus was submitted to His Father, so in this sense, it was a special relationship, similar to a “Father- Son” relationship. But Jesus is God just like God is God and the Holy Spirit is God. The Almighty God is one God in three different personalities. For e.g.: it’s like ice, water and steam. God is three in One. Another example is simply this: A man that is married and has children is a son to his parents, a husband to his wife and a father to his children. He is all three and yet he is the same person in three different roles. That is the way God is. When He was on earth, Jesus was fully God and fully man. The Bible Says that there is only ONE God: 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 “There is no God, but one. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came.” The Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God because God said Jesus is His Son. In the Bible – Matthew 3:17 says “And suddenly a voice came from heaven saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I Am well pleased.” It says in Act 10:38: “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil.” In Matt.28:19 Jesus Christ affirmed the trinity: “Make disciples baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
Jesus Christ forgave sins.
Muhammad did not forgive any sins
Jesus Christ is omniscient. He knows everything.
Compared to that, Muhammad knows little.
Jesus Christ did miracles and healed many people.
Muhammad did no miracles nor healed anyone.
Jesus Christ has all authority.
Muhammad has temporal authority.
Jesus Christ rose from the dead.
Muhammad just died.
Jesus Christ claimed He was God.
Muhammad claimed he was a prophet, a messenger of God.
Four Things About Every Muslim:
1.) A Muslim can never know God. He believes God is too vast & awesome, but read to them John 17:3
2.) A Muslim can never know that he is saved. Salvation is by works? Then how many are enough?
3.) Most Muslims do not know very much about Islam. They are taught the basics as children, but more than half the Muslims don’t read Arabic.
4.) Most Muslim reject Christianity for two basic reasons: They do not understand the truth about Islam & the real teachings of Christianity. Muslims who do understand, see poor examples.
Say To the Muslim: “You say that Jesus was a prophet, Right? (And they will always answer, “Yes, He was a prophet.”)
Then say: “Well prophets tell the truth, right? Don’t they always say the truth?” (They should say, “Yes.”)
Then say: “Jesus Christ says in John 14:6 that I Am the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man can comes to the Father, but through Me. So what do you think that means?”
This usually catches them off guard. You should repeat John 14:6 it again slowly and if possible, several times again so that they will remember it.
I have used this technique before and this is really convicting to Muslims. They do not know what to think. They are hard to convert, but this really messes up their theology.
Here is a biography of the Prophet Muhammad and his 22 Wives
Act like You Want to Know More about Islam & Ask Questions:
You can use a Muslim's lack of knowledge about their own religion to witness to them. What you can do is act like you are wanting to know more about Islam, but that you are confused about some things, that you have read or heard from someone else, and was wondering if they could help answer some questions that you have. If you approach them with this attitude, you can really plant some seeds and maybe even win a Muslim to the Lord. The point is to build doubt into their hearts about Mohammed or the validity of Islam. Do not attack their religion in your tone of voice. Just act like you are innocently confused about what you have heard and would like to understand.
1. I’m confused, if the God of the Bible is the same god of the Qur'an Someone told me that in the Qur'an, Paradise or heaven is where sensual pleasures are fulfilled. There are Sexual Nymphs and “bashful virgins whom neither man nor Jinnee will have touched before.” It sounds like Paradise in the Koran will be like a sex orgy! Do you think that God is really like that? The Bible in Revelation 4:8 it says that Heaven is a place of holiness and purity. The angels surround the throne of God saying, “Holy, holy, holy!”
2. I’m confused, if the God of the Bible is the same as the god of the Qur'an, then how can my sins be forgiven if I become a Muslim? I read in the Qur'an that if one is killed in the name of Allah or fighting for Allah that his sins are forgiven. Do you mean to tell me that the only way my sins are forgiven is if I kill someone to further the cause of Islam for Allah?
3. I’m confused, one Muslim told me that good works cancel out the sins that Muslims commit. So how many works, as a Muslim, would I have to do? How do your know for sure that you are going to heaven or Paradise ?
4. Many say that Mohammed was a prophet. Prophets in the Bible were holy men of God. Many of them were not even married. If they were, it was to only one wife. If Mohammed was such a holy man of God, a prophet, then why did he marry a girl that was only 7 years old? And why did he have so many wives?
5. Why does it say in the Qur'an to only pray five times a day? In I Thessalonians 5:17 the Bible says to “pray without ceasing.”
6. I’m confused because a Muslim told me that Muslims do tithe. It is called Zakat. Does Zakat stand for 2 ½? I heard a Muslim say they give 2 ½ % to the poor. But I’m confused, how can that small amount be a tithe? A tithe is 10% of your income. That is what the Christians give to their church. Why do the Muslims give so little?
7. Why do Muslims wear clothes that are so outdated? They wear these hot-looking robes in the summer and cannot show their faces. Why are the women so afraid of being seen?
8. I’m confused about Ramadan – that fasting thing that they do. When we Christians fast, we do not eat for 21 days or 40 days during the day nor at night. It seems like Muslims get to cheat because they get to eat at night when the sun goes down!!!
9. I’m confused, I heard my friend Muslim say that Allah created the world, then why when I asked in how many days did I get an answer that consisted of six different time periods? The God of the Bible created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th day.
10. In the Qur'an, I read about the Flood, but why was it was placed in the time of Moses, which is in the Bible 45 chapters ahead in the future? Also: Why does it say that “Mary” is the sister of Moses and Aaron. In the Bible in Exodus 15:20 it says that is Miriam is Moses’ sister. Mary was the mother of Jesus.
11. I’m confused, many Muslims say that the God of the Bible is the same god of the Qur'an. Then why is the symbol for the religion of Islam a crescent moon and the symbol for the religion of Christianity a cross?
12. In the Koran it says the God of Abraham, Ishmael and Jacob….but that doesn’t make sense, because in the Bible, Ishmael is not Jacob’s father. Isaac is Jacob’s father. So why does it say the “God of Abraham, Ishmael and Jacob?”
13. The Muslims and Palestinians fight with the Israelites and say that they are “God’s chosen people.” It seems like a sibling rivalry arguing over whom God has chosen and Whom God loves the most. Do they not understand that if they choose to put their faith in Jesus Christ, (as billions around the world have done), then they are chosen by God? When a person accepts Christ, then He is chosen to serve God. Since we are in the New Testament now, and God has poured out His Spirit upon the Jews AND the Gentiles (everyone else), so the ones that are “chosen” are the ones who choose to believe in Jesus Christ as God’s Son and trust in Him alone for eternal life. 1 John 2:23 says: “No one who denies the Son even has the Father.”
Jews at least believe in the Son of God whom they refer to as “The Messiah.” And these are called Messianic Jews. Other Jews erroneously believe that the Messiah (Jesus Christ) did not come 2,000 years ago, but will come in the future. But at least they do believe that God has a Son called “the Messiah” who will come and save the world from its sins. But if the Muslims claim they are the sons of Ishmael, then why do not believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Son? John 14:21 Jesus said, “Whoever loves Me will be loved by My Father and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him… vs. 23 “If a person loves Me he will keep My Word; and My Father will love him and We will come to him and make Our home with him.”
14. Has the Koran been changed? I heard that there were some satanic verses that were taken out that Muhammad had written saying that his family could worship the three goddesses, the daughters of Allah.
15. Did Mohammed write this prayer in the front of the Qur'an because he himself was looking for the straight path and was not sure which path was the straight one?
“The Exordium” from in the opening of the Qur'an is written as:
In the name of God the compassionate the merciful. Praise be to God Lord of the Universe, The compassionate, the Merciful, Sovereign of the Day of Judgment! You alone we worship, And to You alone we turn for help. Guide us in the straight path, The path of those whom you have favored, Not of those who have incurred your wrath, Nor of those who have gone astray.
So note that they pray, “guide us in the straight path….” In this prayer, they seem to be searching for “the straight path.” This is interesting because it says in the Bible says in Luke 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet (Isaiah 40:3) “A voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; make His beaten paths straight. Every valley shall be filled up and every mountain (or erroneous thought) and hill shall be leveled; and the crooked places (lies) made straight. And all mankind shall see the salvation of God through sending Jesus Christ (the deliverance from eternal death.)
Would you like to Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Have Eternal Life in Heaven? Then Pray this Salvation Prayer: “Heavenly Father, I believe You love me and that Your Son Jesus Christ died for me on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead. Jesus, I repent for all of my sins. I repent for all the wrong things I have done. I repent for believing those lies and now I believe the truth. Now I ask You, Jesus, to come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. I want to live for You. Holy Spirit, come fill me with Your power. Thank You for loving and forgiving me, for saving me from hell, and giving me eternal life in heaven. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
Bibliography: All this information I learned in a seminar given by a missionary to Northern Iraq a few months after 9-11-2001. He has worked with Muslims there for many years. He knows the Qur'an inside and out. For his own protection and for security reasons, he did not want his name to be identified. In return he made us promise that we would get this information out there to help Christians know how to witness to Muslims so that they can become born-again. May the rewards for the number of Muslims saved from these web pages go to him and may God receive all the glory.